Verwey Museum Foundation Haarlem offers and purchases various services. For the proper functioning of these services, it is necessary to collect and (temporarily) store personal data or information about various relations. Verwey Museum Haarlem ensures that this personal data is collected, used and deleted carefully and in accordance with the laws and regulations, and is legally responsible for the processing of this personal data, which is obtained through registration, agreements, website and social media. Verwey Museum Haarlem attaches importance to its services being transparent, personal and reliable. It is in this context that Verwey finds Museum Haarlem it is important that it is clear which personal data Verwey Museum Haarlem collects, how this data is handled, for what purposes it is used and how the privacy rights are exercised. This is described in more detail in this privacy statement.
2. Personal data
Personal data are all data that belong to you as a person, for example who you are, where you live or what you look like. For example, think of your name, address, postal code, place of residence, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth and a profile picture for employees/volunteers. Verwey Museum Haarlem processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide services to us yourself. Examples of services are:
• You are a volunteer at Verwey Museum Haarlem;
• You are a friend or donor of Verwey Museum Haarlem;
• You are a visitor to Verwey Museum Haarlem;
• You are (contact person on behalf of) a relation of Verwey Museum Haarlem. For example, for the delivery/purchase of services including group visits/events, lender/receiver, Museum Association, Museum Card Foundation, Volunteer Center Foundation Haarlem.
3. Purpose and basis
Verwey Museum Haarlem processes your personal data for the following purposes, among others:
– To be able to call, e-mail, deliver mail or visit you if this is necessary to be able to perform/offer our services or to purchase services from third parties for employees/volunteers;
– Management of the volunteer work, including: sending desk letter, schedules and “face book” volunteers;
– Offering volunteer-related tasks, activities, meetings and events;
– Administration of friends and donors of Verwey Museum Haarlem and related activities, meetings and events;
– Sending our newsletter to interested parties;
– Thank you for volunteering, donation or other services provided;
– Handling payments.
At the end of these privacy regulations, it is further elaborated which personal data are registered for whom and for what purpose.
Verwey Museum Haarlem also processes personal data if it is legally obliged to do so, such as data required for tax returns.
4. Retention Period
Verwey Museum Haarlem does not store the personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which the data is collected. Data from our volunteer, friends/donors and relations will be kept for one year after termination of the relationship. If these contacts indicate that they wish to continue to receive news items from the museum, the name (including salutation) and e-mail address will be saved.
In some cases (tax) we are legally obliged to adhere to a term of 10 years.
5. Sharing with third parties
Verwey Museum Haarlem does not sell personal data to third parties and only provides it if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you.
Verwey Museum Haarlem can provide anonymous data to the Verwey Museum Haarlem related bodies, including grant providers. Sharing personal data with other parties is sometimes required by law or a court decision, for example when investigating criminal offenses or in connection with supervisory tasks.
If we are going to use personal data for purposes other than those mentioned above, we will ask for permission in advance.
6. Cookies, or similar techniques
Verwey Museum Haarlem only uses technical and functional cookies, and analytical cookies that do not infringe your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and, for example, remember your preferred settings. Also can Verwey Museum Haarlem optimize his website with this. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, you can delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser.
7. Special and/or sensitive personal data
Our services and website do not intend to collect special and/or sensitive personal data. If you are convinced that Verwey Museum Haarlem collected personal information without permission, please contact us at Email, we will delete this information.
Personal data is only collected and used if this is permitted by law. Verwey Museum Haarlem takes the protection of data seriously and takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. Employees at Verwey Museum Haarlem only have access to personal data if this is necessary to do their job.
Verwey Museum Haarlem makes agreements about the security of personal data that are processed by an external party. As Verwey Museum Haarlem engages an external party for its services to process personal data for us, Verwey Museum will take care of it Haarlem ensure that this party also meets our security requirements. This is what Verwey Museum does Haarlem by concluding a so-called 'processing agreement' in which, among other things, agreements are laid down about the security measures to be taken and the use of personal data. Verwey Museum Haarlem remains responsible for these processing operations.
If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact us Email
9. View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Verwey Museum. Haarlem and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data we have in a computer file to you or another organization mentioned by you.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for withdrawal of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data via e-mail.
This also applies to photos and videos taken in the museum.
We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, at the latest within four weeks. Verwey Museum Haarlem would also like to point out that you have the option of submitting a complaint to the national supervisory authority, the Authority Personal Data.
10. Change privacy statement
Verwey Museum Haarlem reserves the right to make changes to this privacy statement if new developments give cause to do so. We recommend that you consult the privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes. You will find the date of the last amendment at the bottom of this privacy statement.
11. Responsibility, questions and contact details
Verwey Museum Foundation Haarlem, is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement. If you have any questions about our privacy statement, you can direct them to Peter Verbrugge, Data Protection Officer of the Verwey Museum Foundation Haarlem. He can be reached via e-mail. Contact details: Verwey Museum Haarlem, Groot Heiligland 47, 2011 EP Haarlem, 023 542 24 27, Email .
1. Contact us if necessary to be able to perform/offer our services or to purchase services from third parties;
2. Management of the volunteer work, including: sending the desk letter, schedule and face book;
3. Offering volunteer-related tasks, activities, meetings and events;
4. Administration of Friends MH and donors and related activities, meetings and events;
5. Sending our newsletter;
6. Thanking for volunteering, donation or other services provided;
7. Processing payments;
8. Use for management and static purposes and to get a more complete picture of, for example, visitors, volunteers, friends and donors (only anonymised data).
* on voluntary basis
** You are (contact person on behalf of) a relation of Verwey Museum Haarlem. For example, in the case of delivery/purchase of services including group visits/events, lender.
This privacy statement was last amended on October 1, 2022.